Issue One of The Red Pen was released on October 4, 2010 and features work from 11 contributors. The debut zine features short fiction, poetry, art and a review.
- Love-tokens – Ben Coggins – poetry
- Azadi – Cipi Morgan – fiction
- The Internationalists – RevolutionStryker a.k.a. J.T. – art
- Poem for Palestine – Lucais O’Neil – poetry
- Deliverance from Exile – Jordan Humphreys – fiction
- He always chooses the best – Dalal – fiction
- Green Assumptions – Lori Dietrich – fiction
- Homage to NAPLAN – Jay Ayerson – poetry
- Status Quo – Jay Ayerson – poetry
- Jam – Jay Ayerson – poetry
- Colour by Numbers – Jay Ayerson – poetry
- Ozario’s Murder – Cipi Morgan – novella excerpt
- Unbalanced – Bec Hynek – poetry
- The ‘Caf’ – Bec Hynek – poetry
- Dead Sea Salt – Bec Hynek – poetry
- The Same Place – Benjamin Solah – fiction
- Still Standing Toe to Toe – Azlan McLennan – review
Print copies can be purchased from Sticky or by emailing email@example.com for further details. The cost is $5 for a black and white cover, $7 for a colour cover – proceeds go toward the Refugee Action Collective (Victoria)
The PDF version is available for free on Scribd. You can either view it on the website or download it. Please do not distribute it elsewhere without prior consent.
You can also download an EPUB version of Issue One which can be viewed on compatible eReaders (Sony Reader etc.), iPad (with iBooks or another app), iPhone (iBooks, Stanza or another app) or a computer with an EPUB compatible program like Adobe Digital Editions.
Whilst the Digital Versions are free, we still encourage people to support the zine by donating to the Refugee Action Collective.